windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon Jan 7 19:47:01 EST 2019

JJS:

 > Speed, what are we talking about? milliseconds?
 > Overall i find it working great with enough speed.
 > Microsoft will probably not be interested that LC
 > will run slow due to their product.

It looks like your reply MIGHT be referencing more general LC 9 ENGINE
performance, an unrelated topic that Richard introduced to this thread.
If so, important to correct before it becomes a snowball incorrect meme
of a thousand posts. See my previous.

Depending on what turns out to be the final fix, snappier performance
may be an extra benefit. I'm not going to explain why in detail; the
savvy may understand, but that's a SECONDARY bonus that Richard
amplified via conflation with another issue, and no time as I've had to
correct some needless misrepresentations.

But such a performance perk would be of the nature that Richard
described today himself as "Inexplicable slowdowns are the big mystery."
And he has pointed out that Defender affects other apps with slowdowns.

So, depending on the fix, if something can be tweaked in SE/IDE to avoid
Defender issues, that may have the side effect of better SE performance
- depending on what actions (if any) in SE/IDE allow Defender/AV to get
involved when the user is merely typing. Typically something we would
not expect.

(Not talking about general engine ms speed, to type 500 wpm.) :)

PS: And of course to Richard's little trap perhaps, an example of the
wifebeater question for those who follow fallacies and the like in
dishonest/manipulative techniques of conversation, I'll amend my
statement in previous post; I never made any suggestion that the Script
Editor was the cause of Microsoft's issues with Defender as it relates
to any other apps. Nice one, Richard, but I caught it right after.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"