Refactoring is your friend / moving from 6.x to 9.x

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 03:16:56 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 4:26 AM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode

> Simon Knight wrote:
>  > One question why does this thread refer to RQCC ?

Richard Replied:
> Old habits.  The bug database used to be called the "Revolution Quality
> Control Center", and the acronym is forever stuck in my typing fingers.

And a spookily well timed questions; it's as if the late great Bill
Marriot hearkens from the grave.  Bill was responsible for the focus
that took a very flakey Revolution, create the RQCC and develop what
is clearly a much more effective process for reporting, processing,
tracking and ultimately eliminating Bugs.  For those who were there
before Bill can attest, the Team these days does an extraordinary job
of Bug reduction.  Not perfect but a lot lot better than before the
RQCC.

I think tomorrow marks the anniversary of Bill's passing. RIP, and thank you.