Whoops: Getting the name of the script only stack an handler is in

prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org prothero at earthlearningsolutions.org
Wed Jan 2 11:35:24 EST 2019

Bob,
Thanks for the response. You are probably right, the filename of me should work. I don’t know whether it’s old age or not, but several times I have worked on a problem until I felt I had exhausted my ideas, posted a question to this list, then a solution immediately came to mind. If this happens, I will post an update with apologies.

In the case you responded to, I was trying to find the name of the script only stack that contained the currently running handler.

 Put me into thisStack  —works fine
the short name of this stack —wrong, gives the name of the calling stack, in my case, anyway.
put the short name of the target —not it

“The target” is great for determining the control that initiated the script, but it does lose its original value when a “send in time” command is given, like commonly done during an animation.

Anyway, Bob, thanks for your response.

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org