Signing macOS application

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Jan 1 21:24:24 EST 2019

Trevor,

Thanks for your response and for the work you are doing with Levure. I’m very attracted to its functionality for me--structuring and especially providing for updating my application--but haven’t had time to work with it more yet.

I tried the script you suggested, and when I processed the application package (desktop-only app created in LC 8.1.9) I got the error:
	codesign process failed: /Users/*path to the app*/MITA.app/Contents/MacOS/MITA: code object is not signed at all [that would be the executable]
	In subcomponent: /Users/*path to the app*/MITA.app/Contents/MacOS/MUSITA

I followed Knapp’s suggestion and tried using AppWrapper 3, which gave specific critical errors (among other several apparently non-critical errors):
	Missing “/usr/local/lib/revsecurity.dylib
	Bundle identifier “com.artsinteractive” contains a blank segment

When I look at the rev security.dylib file in Terminal I see:
-bash: /Users/*path to the app*/MITA.app/Contents/MacOS/revsecurity.dylib: cannot execute binary file
logout

I then saw a reference somewhere to LC 8.1.10, and so I made a new runtime in that 8.1.10 version.

Then:
Levure script — NO errors
App Wrapper 3 — only significant error apparently: "website deployment—both missing private key"
(In Terminal, for revsecurity.dylib, the above “cannot execute binary file” is also shown)

I’m providing the DMG as a download. Is this MISSING KEY an issue? And is there a way to reset my Gatekeeper to test installing the program on my computer?

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive