LiveCode 9.0.2 on Windows unable to build for Mac?!?!?!?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Jan 1 13:00:18 EST 2019

Monte and Brian,

Thank you both. Here is the very specific details of the change between
LC901 and LC902 that I am seeing:

Under the Window 10/LiveCode 9.0.1 Business STABLE under the FILE >
Standalone Application Settings..., in the Copy Files tab, under
"Non-stack files in the Application",  I have:
Documentation/*
Components/*

These folders are in the same parent folder as the mainstack of the
project. When I select FILE > Save as Standalone Application... and
build a Windows and OSX standalones I get a Folder in the build
destrination called: "HyperRESEARCH" (the name of the Application). In
that folder I have a "MacOS" folder and a "Windows" folder.

The MacOS folder cotains the OSX app bundle, in this case called
"HyperRESEARCH.app"

Under Windows 10, in LC9.0.1 Business STABLE, the Components and
Documentation folders (and all their subfolders and files) are copied to:
HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\Resources\_MacOS\Components
HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\Resources\_MacOS\Documentation

i.e. the 2 references folders with all *files* and subfolders in the
originals copied here.

On Windows 10, in LC9.0.2 Business STABLE, the Components and
Documentation folders are not handled in the same way.
The FOLDERS and SUFOLDERS, but NO FILES are copied to:
HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\Resources\_MacOS\Components
HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\Resources\_MacOS\Documentation

However, the FOLDERS and SUBFOLDERS are also copied to
HyperRESEARCH\MacOSX\HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\MacOS
i.e.
HyperRESEARCH\MacOSX\HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\MacOS\Components
HyperRESEARCH\MacOSX\HyperRESEARCH.app\Contents\MacOS\Documentation

AND it is this location that contains the actual FILES!

A change like this is a point maintenance release seems to be a bug?!?

Monte: While I get that the engine may have changed so that it looks
first in the MacOS folder of the app bundle and then if not found n the
Resources\_MacOS, the change from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 still seem like a bug.
Maybe it is because I don't use the "engine" to find these folders (and
the files in them), I use the explicit path as in the past there was no
specialFolderPath to make use of.

If this really is a correct change - back to placing the actual files in
the FOLDERs in the MacOS with the executable - the opposite of what you
said that they should be in the Resources/_MacOS folder, I can alter my
code for it. However, I think this is a Regression in 9.0.2 from 9.0.1.
If someone can confirm this really is a bug, I will happily file a bug
report.