Format text data records for processing in Livecode

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at rivervalleytechnologies.com
Wed Feb 27 13:35:36 EST 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 23:12, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Kaveh Bazargan wrote:
>
>  > My use case might be unusual in that I have several itemdelimiters in
>  > the same text. I need to record what each one is, but they must not be
>  > the same. I might be going off topic here, but I thought it is a
>  > simple way of generating a text that is guaranteed to be unique.
>
> The UUID function is ideal for getting a unique string.
>
> But maybe simpler, have you considered using an array?

Hi Richard

So far I have used arrays very rarely. Not sure why.

I did not know about UUID.

One advantage of using the milliseconds is that it gives me an automated
timeline and speed of events, just by comparing the itemdelimiter. But my
use case is probably very specific. But I feel it is a good example of the
flexibility of LiveCode. :-)