Format text data records for processing in Livecode

Simon Knight smk at anvic.net
Tue Feb 26 07:39:55 EST 2019

Hi,

I have written an Applescript that reads the headers and contents of selected emails in Apple Mail.  I am trying to decide to simplest method of importing this data into Livecode to allow it to be sorted and formatted etc.  Each email is a record with a number of fields the largest field is the contents of the email and this may contain quotes, tabs and other characters.  I aim to do the minimum in Applecript so I don’t wish to process the data but I can use any output format that I devise.

A record contains the following fields : DateSent; From; To; Subject and Content

Any ideas on a simple methodology of how to format the data so that it is simple to process using Livecode’s chunk expressions?

best wishes

Simon