[ANN] Release 9.0.3 RC-1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 22 17:43:09 EST 2019

Richmond wrote:

 > This is lovely on macOS 10.14.4 beta 3, but I am a bit cheesed-off
 > that the dictionary over on Linux STILL pops up in one's default
 > browser *occluding* the IDE.

1. I don't think "occlude" means what you think it means.  See H.W.
Fowler, "Dictionary of Modern English Usage", section "Love of the long
word".  But seriously.  I love that book.  It's a hoot. (His chapter on
split infinitives is even better.)

2. Did you read the Release Notes?  This is a known issue, in
development but not worth holding up other critical things folks are
demanding. As it is for this preview release, the Dict opens in a
separate window, much as it does in the IDE. That the window happens to
be a separate process is a minor annoyance, and likely to few.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems