Mac App Store step by step instructions just updated.

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Thu Feb 21 17:40:52 EST 2019

One thing I have noticed with some software is if I upgrade
to another drive and OS X then a message is shown that
says it does not recognize I purchased it from the Mac App
store and I am asked to log in with my user info to activate
the program.  I don’t know if they check for serial numbers
of the drive or if this is automatic from Apple.

JB