LC902 and LC901 Hang with Answer (was Crash)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 18 19:47:18 EST 2019

Thanks. Curious to test this out, I copied the first 110 characters of
that sample data and pasted into a field 10 times, resulting in more
than 1k of text with no line breaks.

When I used:

    answer the text of fld 1

...I get the answer box appearing as expected, with the text cut off at
a reasonable length but no hang - the Answer window's OK button responds
efficiently as expected.

Tested on Win 10 and Ubuntu 14.04, using LC 9.0.2.

Happy to run other tests to help pin this down, so please feel free to
share any details that might help us reach a reproducible recipe for a
bug report.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems