Lack of Mobile Player callbacks and subtitles problem

Frans Schoffelen frans at knowlegistics.com
Sun Feb 17 07:39:02 EST 2019

Hi all. Anybody been able to get time-locked subtitles for mobile video players
that worked in the post-QT era ? My searches have not produced anything.

Since there are no callbacks from  “MobileCreateControl Player” anymore to kick subtitles in a field from a list
at a given time ( like the only available old example on the LC site) , I have tried cumbersome double timers.
Simple tracking is then ok, but  starting stopping, continuing a movie is way too imprecise and introduces unforeseen results.
Anybody come up with a solution ?

Anybody up for doing an AV Foundation widget for this (Paid work) ?

It’s for a project to teach refugee children if that motivates anybody at all ;-)

Greetz from Berlin.

Frans Schoffelen
http://knowlegistics.com  // Software & Sound // Berlin