Collaborate on UI Handlers

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Feb 13 20:36:11 EST 2019

I was looking  for a name for a library that would be like "model" in the way that Andre describes it in his book. But it has nothing to data or disk acces, but it has to do with a  "view" ; but it is meant to be "encapsulated/independent" of the view. In this case the "view" is a card, in a binary LC stack. With generic handers, to which you send the long id of some control.

Now, I am sure that  this nothing new to all you old timers.

If you look up "UI Handlers" in Google search, you find all kinds of references in many languages. So I called it

lib_UIHandlers.livecodescript

(See below for same examples)

Then it occurred to me "Wow, because it can 'stand alone', we could share such a library with the community, and it should work anywhere!"

Would anyone be interested in collaborating on such a library?  I would buts in a public repository, you could fork it, and send pull requests. I think everyone will benefit and some of you have already fabulous handlers that you put in the library. In fact, in think  LC IDE is probably full of them.

Brahmanathaswami

There would different sections:
( I use Jacqueline method of naming handler
Which must be sorted by order of appearance")

Things like:

************************
on __RESPONSIVE
end __RESPONSIVE

command positionBottom pControl, pHorizontal
   # place a control at the bottom of the screen
   # pHorizontal is single integer which it the left of the control
   # It empty, defaults to center to scrren
   put the long id of this card into tCard
   put the rect of tCard into sCardRect
   put item 3 of sCardRect into tWidth
   put item 4 of sCardRect into tHeight
   put the loc of tCard into tCardLoc
   if pHorizontal is empty then
      set the loc of pControl to ( round(tWidth/2),tHeight)
   else
      set the left of pControl to pHorizontal
   end if
   set the bottom of pControl to tHeight
end positionBottom

####################
on ___IMAGEManipulation
end ___IMAGEManipulation

# we typically have the some requirement
# change image by height, width.
# we always need to know it original size

command insertImageDimensions pImage
   put ( (the formattedwidth of pImage) & "x" & (the formattedheight of pImage) ) into sCurrentGraphicRect
end insertImageDimensions

function getRectOfCurrentGrc
   return sCurrentGraphicRect
end getRectOfCurrentGrc

command setRectOfCurrentGrc pimage
   put the formattedWidth of  pImage into tFWd
   put the formattedHeight of  pImage into tFHt
   put (tFWd & "x" & tFHt) into sCurrentGraphicRect
end setRectOfCurrentGrc

on resizeToHeight pImage,pSize
   set the itemdel to "x"
   put item 1 of sCurrentGraphicRect into tOrigImgWidth
   put item 2 of sCurrentGraphicRect into tOrigImgHeight
   # it may not be necessary
   if pSize > tOrigImgHeight then exit resizeToHeight
   put (pSize)/tOrigImgHeight  into tRatio
   put (tOrigImgWidth * tRatio) into tNewWidth
   put (tOrigImgHeight * tRatio) into tNewHeight
   set the rect of pImage to 0,0,tNewWidth,tNewHeight
end resizeToHeight

etc.

Svasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami