Weird LiveCode Plugins Prefs writing problems

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:16:32 EST 2019

Folks:
Just in case you are getting the same "invalid bsd flags ….” when you try to do a disc first aid using disk utility, on your Macintosh SSD boot drive, it turns out that the recent versions of OneDrive are causing that error. I found that the error only occurs on the SSD drive. If I boot from an external drive, the error doesn’t occur. I found it while using Preview to view an email pdf attachment. The system hangs when I then try to export that pdf to someplace else. If I load, then export some other pdf file (not from mail), it works normally.

I’ve spent loads of time chasing this down and it seems there is something special about the SSD drive file system that OneDrive messes up.

See:
https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913525-onedrive-on-mac/suggestions/36302779-remove-warning-inode-val-object-invalid-bsd-fl <https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913525-onedrive-on-mac/suggestions/36302779-remove-warning-inode-val-object-invalid-bsd-fl>

I have put a LOT of things on OneNote, so don’t want to delete OneDrive (which syncs the notes across devices). So, I’ll wait a bit and hope Microsoft does a fix.

Best,
Bill