Weird LiveCode Plugins Prefs writing problems

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:54:50 EST 2019

Folks:
Livecode 9.0.2 business Mac OSX 10.14.2

I can’t figure this out. I’m having problems with LiveCode Plugins writing prefs to the Plugins folder on my Mac. None of the prefs for the extensions are able to update. At first, I thought it was a problem with 4WDevolution, but now it’s with Navigator and won’t install Hermann’s Turnimage extension. The prefs files (not TurnImage, which throws an error) show up in the extensions folder with a “~” after them, indicating it’s a temporary file with 0 bytes and that the save has failed. So I can see that there is an attempt to write the prefs file in the correct place, but replacing the older file with the new file fails.r

I’ve got bitDefender and “CleanMyMac”. However, I can write, and update test data, with a livecode script, to the Plugins folder so I am really stuck and out of ideas.

This is very puzzling. Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthlearningsolutions.org