Load Images Into Memory

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Feb 7 09:48:11 EST 2019

On mobile, you need one stack always open.

Which is typically is the standalone, including init all libs, models, livecodescript stacks etc. I call it the

BootStack

You hide it right away.

Additionally on  Cards 2,3,4,5 etc. of the boot stack, I’ll keep images which we use anywhere in the app as icons to buttons.

So, you boot the app, (splash screen is left blank nothing that a background color); it is hidden and you open the "Main" stack.  Call it the

Stack 1

Now:

-- if you have images in card 4 of the BootStack that are referenced from disk for 10 images, they are really small images  7K to 39K, less an 250K total

and

-- Stack 1  on card 3 you have a ten button panel with id for icons taken from the ID's of image of the BootStack, card 4

What Happens (I think, not really sure)

Stack 1, you for to from card 2 ( "go next") to card 3 with the ten buttons and on Android it takes 4-5 seconds!
But then, even if you close  Stack 1 and reopen it later, going to the card with icons it "instant"

My intuition says, by calling the icons of card 4 of the Boot Stack (which is hidden) will are having to wait will it loads them from disk. (why it takes 4 seconds for 250K is mysterious)

 Then are they are cached by the Boot Stack,they  are instantly available and the icons of  a "future" revisit to a Stack 1,  card 3 that has those button.

So, if I am right, how can you load images on a card that not shown, from disk, into memory?