Decrypt error message?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Feb 4 14:42:55 EST 2019

When I attempt to decrypt a salted hash and it fails, "it" contains empty and the result contains "(SSL error: bad decrypt)", otherwise it contains some value and the result is empty. The only thing I can think of is that at random times even though the pepper is invalid, the decrypt function succeeds! That would suck, but I have yet to see it myself.

Bob S