LiveCode won't recognize my stack

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 19:58:52 EST 2019

Mark,

Thanks for commenting.

This behavior changed between version 7 (and earlier) and version 8 (and later).

When I am in LC version 7 or earlier and go File menu/Open Stack I am able to select my stack named “LicenseKey.IW” without specifying “All Files”.

When I am in LC version 8 or 9 on the same computer opening the same “LicenseKey.IW”, file it is grayed out on the Mac when Open Stack. On Windows the file is not visible until I select All Files.

My program is correctly setting the defaultFolder but is getting the same result of not recognizing the file as a LiveCode stack when I build using LiveCode version 9.5.1.

Any idea what might have changed between version 7 and 8 and how I can get the old behavior when I’m referencing the stack?

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos