mobile dev confusion

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Dec 28 11:46:49 EST 2019

LC uses the SDK primarily for its build tools, which allow the IDE to
create standalones for Android. The SDK does not affect the versions of
Android your app will require. For years we built apks using SDK 6, and
apps built using those tools still run on Android 10 today.

A while back the SDK 6 build tools no longer worked with the current
version of LC and we had to update to SDK 8 for compatibility. I am
building apks with that SDK that run on all versions of Android from 4.x on
up to 10.

The Android versions you want to support are set in standalone settings.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On December 27, 2019 8:37:23 PM Tom Glod via use-livecode