A Windows 10 WTF

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 26 14:16:13 EST 2019

It may be the issue with repeat loops that do not yield to the engine
periodically. This was an issue all the way back to MetaCard and I am
not sure if it has been changed since then.

Basicaly, running a lengthy repeat loop locks up the entire CPU until
the loop exits. If this is the problem then it isn't just your
standalone that comes to a halt, it's everything currently running on
the machine.

The first couple of paragraphs here describe the problem:
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_polling.html>