using stdout

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 15:56:17 EST 2019

On Dec 18, 2019, at 12:51 PM, JB via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> A year or so ago I was messing around with the terminal in c code
> and found some code that opens two terminals and they talk to
> each other.
>
> Is that something I can use to communicate with live code too?

Conceivably, but you’re going to have to know how to launch Terminal with options (and I haven’t a clue how to do that).

If you can open them so that they have a known socket, livecode can deal with that.

Why the interest in Terminal for this?  It’s pretty straightforward to create your own standalone if all you want to do is write to a second application for output.