Something wrong with LiveCode 9.5.1

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Dec 16 15:24:53 EST 2019

On 12/16/2019 3:11 PM, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode wrote:
> I would suspect this kind of message for any dp or rc version of LiveCode, but not for a stable version.

I think that was the point. LC, Ltd forgot to Notarize the 9.5.1 STABLE
version. However, this turns into more of a problem that you might
think. A notarized DMG will open under High Sierra to Catalina, but
fails on any version below High Sierra, so you need to provide both
Notarized and non-Notarized versions to if you support versions of the
macOS before High Sierra. Technical 9.5.1 still supports Mavericks so
the downloads.livecode.com page needs to change to list 2 versions - a
non notarized version for Mavericks to Sierra and a Notarized version
for High Sierra to Calalina.

Which is probably why they did not bother to Notarize it.