Help Wrapping HTMLTidy in LCB

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Dec 10 13:06:13 EST 2019

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>
wrote:

> UPDATE:
>
> I made some progress on the HTMLTidy project and this morning Mark
> Waddingham and Brian Milby helped me over the last hurdle. The code base
> now has a tidyHTMLToXHTML() function which works on macOS. You can try it
> out using the test stack included in the repo. The code may also be of
> interest to those trying to wrap other libraries.
>
> https://github.com/trevordevore/lc-htmltidy
>
> I will be adding the Windows DLL so that the extension works on Windows
> and then trying to create a sensible API around HTMLTidy for my current
> needs. I don't plan on making it feature complete at the moment as I just
> need to for my own work. If someone else wanted to take that up they are
> welcome to.

I've added Windows support and the ability to pass boolean options so that
you can control the behavior of htmltidy when it cleanses the HTML input.
I've added some sample settings to the test stack for testing.

If anybody would like to add Linux support it should just be a matter of
following the build instructions provided by htmltidy and added the
resulting library to an `x86-linux` folder in the code folder:

https://github.com/trevordevore/lc-htmltidy/tree/master/code

You can find a link to the htmltidy build instructions in the product
README:

https://github.com/trevordevore/lc-htmltidy

--
Trevor DeVore