Connecting LC to Xcode

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 02:25:13 EST 2019

Hello all,

I usually follow these steps, and I almost never have problems with the
simulator:

(Note: these instructions are for Xcode11.1, but are applicable to any
Xcode version)

0. Make sure the command line tools that will be used by LiveCode are the
ones of the correct Xcode:
 (Launch Xcode 11.1, go to Xcode's menubar and choose Xcode-> Preferences->
Locations and in the Command Line Tools dropdown choose "Xcode 11.1")

1. Open the Simulator from Xcode11.1 (Launch Xcode, go to Xcode's menubar
and choose
Xcode -> Open Developer Tool -> Simulator

2. Wait until the simulator fully loads, until it shows the device's Home
screen

3. You can change device by clicking on the Simulator's app menubar:

Hardware -> Device -> iOS 13.1 -> <device_name>

4. Again, wait until the new simulator device fully loads, until it shows
the
device's Home screen

5. Now go back to LiveCode, choose the iOS simulator under "Test Target"
and
finally press the Test button (or choose Development -> "Test")

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Panos

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 at 08:00, scott--- via use-livecode <