Android Speed Woes

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Aug 29 19:40:19 EDT 2019

Sean,

>>Another test would be to see how fast it creates a variable with 10,000 characters using a repeat loop ...

put "" into jones
repeat 10000
   put "a" after jones
end repeat
put the milliseconds into m
put jones into pFart
put the milliseconds - m into m
answer m

iMac = 1
Moto G5 = 0
Moto G6 = 0
iPhone X = 0

-Dan

On 8/29/19, 4:10 PM, "use-livecode on behalf of Pi Digital via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Dan is talking 500 times difference in response tho. That’s a bit more substantial. Plus speed degradation to a device designed to run Android 7.0 shouldn’t be to that degree either, for display or under the hood. The G5 has an octo 1.4ghz, the iPhoneX is 6core 2.39, only 4 times as fast (8-10 times offscreen), not 200-500. \?/

    Dan,
    Another test would be to see how fast it creates a variable with 10,000 characters using a repeat loop then how long to copy that to another variable. If the numbers are wildly different to the iPhone’s and desktop’s then maybe Jacque is on to something and it is a device specific lag. Otherwise it’s likely a display issue, which could be device specific but could equally be something deeper worth looking into.

    Sean