Android Speed Woes

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 17:39:35 EDT 2019

Hi Dan

I don’t think this is fully related to your issue based on the script you show but...

I’ve been doing extensive testing this week and have come close to the conclusion now that AcceleratedRendering is completely non functional for all platforms. However, I’ve got a feeling that none of my recent emails to LC on the matter have got through during their outage.

Is no one else seeing this loss in performance? So far all my tests have shown it to be affecting every platform standalone and the IDE.

Back to your issue, Dan.
What version LC are you using?
Is this timing consistent if triggered by a button?
What timing do you get with lock screen muted?

Also, put the timer calculation to a variable to ensure it is not the answer dialogue itself producing erroneous timings.

NB. Additionally, if your groups are not moving up down left right then they are best set to static rather than dynamic or scrolling. This won’t be affecting your performance in this instance but worth noting. It’s only useful setting it to ‘dynamic’ if the values, text or images are changing frequently/rapidly or moving about the display.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd