anyone still using altMobileResizer?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sat Aug 17 08:31:03 EDT 2019

Hi Jerry,

i am not the developer of altMobileResizer. The developer is Chipp Walters.

See my answer below

> Am 17.08.2019 um 11:22 schrieb JJS via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
>
> Hi Matthias,
>

> a few things i don't get.
>
> Why does it set the stack size so small, i don't see the other controls anymore.
I think this is because it was already created 2012 or 2013 and it was developed mainly for iOS app development.

> I like to develop on 768x1024 and then i use set the fullscreenmode to "exactfit"

Thats also my problem currently. I alos would like to develop in a higher resolution than 320x480.
So far altMobileResizer allowed me to avoid setting the fullscreenmode.

> disadvantage is sometimes the view of circles or squares are distorted. Should i not use the fullscreenmode with this plugin?

Maybe this is a question for Chipp.

> The other way around seems non logic to me, create small and then resize to a bigger screen.(yes i can add multiple images for the right sizes, but i'm lazy concerning that)
>
> Why is the openStack handler placed on the first card and not on the stack script?
>

> It works different than fullscreenmode. Fullscreenmode crops the whole card, and with this i mis half of it when deployed on a phone(on tablet looks ok)
>
> Or i don't understand it. But i see what you are trying to do with it and it could be awesome in helping having a great layout on all size phones.

I just wanted to know how many people are still using or may would like to use it. I then would ask Chipp if it would be okay if i or someone else would enhance the plugin.

But if there is no interest this would not make sense at all.

I´ve also asked yesterday how the people on the list are handling all different screenresolutions in their mobile apps. But so far no one replied.

Regards,
Matthias