Rocky islands

dsc at swcp.com dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 16 14:10:12 EDT 2019

I wonder if my Brother MFC-9840CDW multifunction laser printer will make the leap to 64-bit-only Catalina. I will probably be able to find generic print drivers. I think it would be able to scan by email or USB, but maybe generic TWAIN will work. Sending a fax might take some looking about. I'm thinking maybe it will make the leap, but with a little work, not "it just works".

I feel like I just got it. I got it when doing some barcode and "scantron" work with LiveCode. I stopped printing out big notebooks long ago, so it is lasting longer than Brother probably thought it would. Even so, Brother and Apple seem to have put that model to pasture.

Rambling... At 85 lbs, it violates my 30 lb lab limit. (Getting older, you know.) But, I just filled it with toner... (Oh, if someone is thinking of surprising me with a Mac Pro, that weight limit goes up to 50 pounds.)

So...  Catalina.