"copy files", specialfolderpath("resources") and missing files = SHOWSTOPPER

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sat Aug 10 13:47:32 EDT 2019

Hallo Hermann,

> Am 10.08.2019 um 19:32 schrieb hh via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
>> Klaus M. wrote:
>> yes, success, at least partly, now I get a SHELL error -> ... access denied
>> Although I "chmod"ded that file to "777" (via the INFO window on my Mac), so
>> everyone should be able to access it, before I put it into a custom property
>> of my stack. What can I do to make it run? Anything I am overseeing?
>
> This works for me:
> set the myp of this stack to compress(url ("binfile:"<the compiled shellfile>))
> Then
> put the temporaryfolder & "/"& <mypName> into f1
> replace "//" with "/"in f1 -- avoid platform bugs
> put decompress(the myp of this stack) into url ("binfile:"&f1)
> put shell("chmod 777 "&f1) into nirwana

thank you, will try this.
But does that mean that my previous "chmod" does not stick?

I noticed in the macOS file preview that the SHELL stuff contains something like this:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation      X
   /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
Does that mean that this depends on the CARBON Framework, which will be obsolete
in (one of) the next macOS version, or maybe will get removed completely, right?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major