is it possible to readfromfile line x to y

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Sat Aug 10 13:26:24 EDT 2019

Hi Dar, thanks for the tips.  However I am loading the file locally.

The file is 48mb, so it loads fine and fits fine.

I am attempting to parse just 1 line at a time, but it still doesn't work.

This is my code and even this freezes it.

local number_of_lines
local this_line
global TempArray

put the number of lines in unicode_file_to_parse into number_of_lines

repeat with x = 1 to number_of_lines

put line x of unicode_file_to_parse into this_line

put this_line into TempArray[x]

end repeat

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 1:16 PM Dar Scott Consulting via use-livecode <