Fwd: Re: How does OSX tell what app to open when you double click a file?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Aug 8 07:06:43 EDT 2019

Thank you,

This article could allow me to have our OSX app check to see if it is
the default on startup and change it IF the command line tool "duti"
used the example was already part of OSX but is an open source that
would need to also be installed with out app - an additional level of
overhead I'd rather avoid. However, again thanks as this points me in a
possible direction of ignoring HOW OSX figure it out by default and
trying to just tell OSX which app should rule.