Should the scope of WholeMatches be expanded?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Aug 5 10:43:47 EDT 2019

Is it just me or would anyone else like to see the scope of the
wholeMatches property expanded beyond just wordOffset, itemOffset, and
lineOffset.

I'd like to see wholeMatches apply to:

Replace
Replace in field
Contains (as in if X contains Y)

With wholeMatches meaning test at white space (space,line break, tab,
etc.) boundaries for all three of these.

Yes, I know I can do the replace using the replaceText function and regex.

I have a heavily formatted field and would LOVE to use the "new" replace
... in field preserving styles, but I have to ensure that I only match
and replace whole strings (bounded by white space/line breaks) and don't
accidentally replace part of a string.