[OT] Weighted distribution of Numbers

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sun Aug 4 14:49:09 EDT 2019

I have a set of raw numbers(6,000 of them from 0 to 800 or so). It was easy
to normalize these numbers from 0 to 100. But as I look at the results I see
that there is one at to top(100) and a few in the 90s and many more in the
70s and 80s. I need to make these numbers more evenly distributed and
weighted towards the top(so the top few are 100) based on the current
distribution of the raw numbers. I'm not a math whiz and not afraid to admit
that going beyond linier equations is way over my head. From some searches I
see the some sort of nonlinear regression is in order(I think)? Or a apply a
log (like an audio log taper of a potentiometer)? I don't know... Can anyone
point me in the in the right direction?

Thanks!

Ralph DiMola
IT Director