Making "read from file" less blocky.

Dar Scott Consulting dsc at swcp.com
Sun Aug 4 14:47:36 EDT 2019

I love "really out there".  I wanna play.

At the start of any solution, try this. It might speed up any method but would take some time at the start.

get shell( "cat " & ThisFile & " > dev/null" )

I think that is likely to pre-load the system file buffers for you.

If one is feeling adventurous, one can try open process (cat) to avoid the wait; it will probably move through the file faster than the script and sectors will already be loaded when you ask for them.

Dar