Lesson on Accelerated Rendering

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Apr 27 13:11:52 EDT 2019

BR  Perhaps the question should be?

Why is acceleratedRendering needed? And when is best to turn in off?  What does it *do*  ?

JJS wrote (the lists...):
    But they probably shed more light on your question.

 BR: they don't... they talk about different parameter for acceleratedRendering. Such as  compositorType, compositorTileSize, compositorCacheLimit etc.

Dictionary says: "The acceleratedRendering property has been added to help simplify the use of the accelerated rendering features."
User Guide: Surprise! There is zero reference to acceleratedRendering?

A search on Livecom.com brings up interesting result. The top hit it Real World Optimizationd by Mark W. Another hit is

https://livecode.com/container-layer-mode-examples/

which has interesting info, though it needs editing'

"Set the layerMode of the containing group(s) to ‘container’"

Is not an option....

I guess we have to wait for the conference...