Encrypted standalones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 17 17:25:51 EDT 2019

On 4/15/19 3:17 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> It may be that the password isn't being set, or it may be a UI bug in
> which the password is set but just isn't being displayed.
>
> You can determine which is the case with a quick test build that does
> something like:
>
>     answer line 10 of the script of this stack
>
> If the standalone can get the script, it's not encrypted it.  If it
> complains, you're fine and it's just a UI bug.

Finally got to this. The password is saved in the standalone custom
property set, but when testing on a trial standalone it isn't actually
being used. So the answer is "no, you can't set a password on a mobile
app via the standalone builder."

After thinking about this, I realized that since none of the three major
app stores will accept an encrypted app, that's why it's disabled.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com