Browser HTML Source & URLs

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Apr 17 14:22:56 EDT 2019

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

> The htmltext is the page source code. So
>
> put the htmltext of widget "browser" into field 1

I thought it was the source code originally too,
but it doesn’t work correctly.

For example:

set the HTMLText of field "HTMLTextField1" to URL field "WebAddressField1" of this card
(Where field "WebAddressField1" of this card = http://www.duckduckgo.com <http://www.duckduckgo.com/> )

Look at the output in field HTMLTextField1.

Then go to the website with Safari with the Developer Menu turned on,
and use the pull down menu option for “Show Page Source”.

You will see there is a vast difference between what Safari shows
versus what LiveCode HTMLText shows.  (It’s less than useful!)

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick