setting file created date in livecode from script

Stephen Barncard stephen at barncard.com
Sun Apr 14 17:52:41 EDT 2019

answering my own question: TOUCH
looks like what I want... gotta love BSD Unix...

NAME

     touch -- change file access and modification times

SYNOPSIS

     touch [-A [-][[hh]mm]SS] [-acfhm] [-r file] [-t [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.SS]]

           file ...

DESCRIPTION

     The touch utility sets the modification and access times of files.  If

     any file does not exist, it is created with default permissions.

     By default, touch changes both modification and access times.  The -a
and

     -m flags may be used to select the access time or the modification time

     individually.  Selecting both is equivalent to the default.  By
default,

     the timestamps are set to the current time.  The -t flag explicitly
spec-

     ifies a different time, and the -r flag specifies to set the times
those

     of the specified file.  The -A flag adjusts the values by a specified

     amount.

full definition can be had by typing MAN TOUCH

I hope others can use this knowledge..sorry to raise the alarm.

I'm off to write a handler, which I'll post later if anyone is interested

Now I've got to find those EXIF routines, they're around somewhere....

thanks , self

this is the kind of stuff that LC is so good for...
--
Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org