MouseMove less responsive in 9.0.4

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Apr 2 14:10:13 EDT 2019

On 4/2/2019 8:23 AM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi there
>
> There is a definite degradation of the moseMove responsiveness here
>

> Could you please investigate to determine if it also is true for you

I created a test stack with a 32px square button and the following card
script:
onmouseMove pNewMouseH, pNewMouseV
putthelocofbtn "box" intotLoc -- h,v
put(pNewMouseH - (item 1 oftLoc))/2 intotdh
put(pNewMouseV - (item 2 oftLoc))/2 intotdv
setthelocofbtn "box" to(item 1 oftLoc + tdH, item 2 oftLoc + tdv)
endmouseMove

Which just causes the box button to follow the mouse around the card. If
low latency/lag, the box should stay close to the mouse pointer. If high
latency/lag, the box should take longer to follow the faster you move
the mouse since it closes on the mouse position by halving the distance
between them.

I can see no appreciable difference between 9.0.3 and 9.0.4 rc2 on an
average Windows 10 laptop.