Stacks whose names start with "rev"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 29 18:33:46 EDT 2018

On 9/28/18 3:28 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> That would seem a bug in the IDE: If there is no means why which the IDE
> allows work on stacks the IDE believes are part of the IDE, the IDE
> cannot be worked on.
>
> I trust the team will want to resolve that ASAP.
>
> Before submitting that bug report, it may be helpful to check both the
> cantModify and modes of the stacks disallowing normal editing.  If they
> are toplevel and cantmodify is false you have a bug in the IDE, and if
> not you have a solution to get you back to work.

CantModify is false and stack mode is 2. I tried repeatedly to set it to
1 and wouldn't take. It's decided it's a 2 and there is no changing its
mind.

>  > But now something else is occuring, totally unintelligible. Normally
>  > two stacks are open, an index stack "TSMain" and a mainstack
>  > "Revelations".
>  > When trying to navigate to Revelations by any method -- opening it
>  > from Finder, clicking the name in the index stack, etc. -- this error
>  > is thrown:
>  >
>  > "A stack with the same name as the one you are trying to load is
>  > already open. Before loading
>  > /Users/<name>/Documents/<product>/Revelations.livecode what do you
>  > want to do with stack
>  > /Users/<name>/Documents/<product>/TSMain.livecode, TSMain?"
>  >
>  > Besides the issue that the two "conflicting" stacks do not have the
>  > same name, the TSMain stack is listed twice, once as a full file path
>  > followed by the short name.
>  >
>  > Huh?
>
> Does TSMain have anything set in its stackfiles property?  Or is the
> stackfiles property set in Revelations.livecode?

Neither stack has any stackfiles, all stacks are downloaded from the
server on demand using a lookup file auto-generated on the server every
hour. User history lists and glossary lookups are created using the name
of the stack, the card, and some extra data held in script locals.

During development stacks are loaded from disk using their filenames,
calculated according to a naming system that incorporates the stack
name. Although the filenames are similar to the stack names, they are
not identical. Regardless, "TSMain" in any form is not the same as
"Revelation as Apocalypse."

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com