how to know 2 monitors are in use?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:15:04 EDT 2018

Someone loves overcomplicating things.

I don't, most of the time.

I just ran up a stack with 2 scrolling text fields called "VIDZ" and
:VIDZ2" repectively,
so that relative screen middles could go in the first one and absolute
screen middles
in the second one, and then popped this code in a button:

on mouseUp
    put empty into fld "VIDZ"
    put empty into fld "VIDZ2"
    put the screenRects into fld "VIDZ"
    put 1 into VDUZ
    repeat until line VDUZ of fld "VIDZ" is empty
       put item 1 of line VDUZ of fld "VIDZ" into VW1
       put item 3 of line VDUZ of fld "VIDZ" into VW2
       put ((VW2-VW1)/2) into WIDD
       put (((VW2-VW1)/2)+VW1) into WIDD2
       put item 2 of line VDUZ of fld "VIDZ" into VH1
       put item 4 of line VDUZ of fld "VIDZ" into VH2
       put ((VH2-VH1)/2) into HITE
       put (((VH2-VH1)/2)+VH1) into HITE2
       put " screen centre at" && WIDD & "," && HITE after line VDUZ of
fld "VIDZ"
       put " screen centre at" && WIDD2 & "," && HITE2 after line VDUZ
of fld "VIDZ2"
       add 1 to VDUZ
    end repeat
end mouseUp

I'll try to post the stack to the Forums, but my ISP is currently
playing "silly buggers" so I cannot guarantee anything.

Richmond.