App Updater Helper for Levure

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Sep 26 12:46:39 EDT 2018

Hi,

I've been working on the App Updater helper for Levure. The goal is to make
automatic updating of Levure applications really straightforward. The
helper leverages Sparkle on macOS and WinSparkle on Windows (the two
desktop platforms I develop for). I used the Foreign Function Interface
(FFI) in LiveCode Builder (LCB) to incorporate Sparkle and WinSparkle.

Here are the relevant links. The README has all of the instructions. The
release page has the downloadable files. I would be interested in hearing
from anybody who tries to implement this in their own application.

Project:
https://github.com/trevordevore/levurehelper-app_updater

Release page:
https://github.com/trevordevore/levurehelper-app_updater/releases

Levure:
https://github.com/trevordevore/levure

What is a Levure helper?
https://github.com/trevordevore/levure/wiki/helpers

For those who might want to incorporate Sparkle or WinSparkle in their app
but don't use Levure here are links to the individual GitHub repos:

Sparkle: https://github.com/trevordevore/lc-sparkle

WinSparkle: https://github.com/trevordevore/lc-winsparkle

Note: This same announcement was posted in the forums as well:
https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=31571

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps