mousemove doesn't recognize "shiftkey is down", but only under Windows

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sun Sep 23 22:01:02 EDT 2018

Thanks Brian,

I don't know what the problem could be. All my test show that for the Shift
key and the Option key, when called within a mousemove handler, it doesn't
register that the keys are down unless the mouse button is clicked first.
I'm running Windows 7 instead of 10, but I doubt that's the difference.
It's possible that Parallels, might be interfering somehow, but it's a
pretty specific issue. You ran my little test script and got the "Up"
output by just pressing the shift key down and nothing else?

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 3:37 PM Brian Milby via use-livecode <

> I just did a quick test on Win10 and it works as it should. Tested with LC
> 9.0.1 stable.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
> On Sep 23, 2018, 5:20 PM -0500, Howard Bornstein via use-livecode <
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>, wrote:
> > Sadly, both the keysDown() function as well as rawKeyDown, only return a
> > keycode for the shift key (and the option key) upon key UP. All the other
> > keys work on key down but these do not. Do you have any idea why?
> >
> > Should I file a bug report on ShiftKey down? Were you able to verify this
> > bug from the test code I sent (I put it in the card handler of a stack)?
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 12:04 PM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <
> > use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> recognize
> > > if
> > >
> > > You could see if the keysDown() function works instead.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> > > HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

> > --