When is suspendStack sent?

dunbarxx dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 14:03:44 EDT 2018

Hi.

"...For instance, I can click the window of the mainstack while in a
substack and I get the suspendStack message. Subsequent clicks however do
NOT get sent."

Now I am not sure what you mean. If I have a mainstack with a suspendStack
handler in the stack script, and one or more sub stacks, that handler will
fire whenever I navigate among any of them. In your example above, you would
have suspended the subStack when you clicked on the main stack. But repeated
clicks in any one stack will not, as expected, fire that hander. There has
been no navigation, and therefore no suspension.

But is that what you meant by "subsequent clicks", that is, subsequent
clicks on the same stack?

In other words, is that handler in the message path of the stacks that you
are navigating among? I have never seen any anomalies with that message
during navigation from stack to stack, as long as the handler is in the
message path.

Craig