Standalone build workaround

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Sep 20 20:47:59 EDT 2018

> On 20 Sep 2018, at 2:51 pm, Brian Milby via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> What about a front script for the build process that would intercept and discard these messages? Could be inserted just before each action that used to be protected by lock messages (close/open stack).

I think if that solution could work then lock messages could work. The issue is some components actually need those open messages to function correctly. We are working on a complete replacement to the standalone builder scripts which will resolve this kind of issue but it will still be a some time before they can become part of the IDE.

I’ve proposed a stop gap solution internally which I think would work well but will probably need to wait until Ali is back next week before we can throw it around. The idea is to not move the entire standalone build to a separate process (we will likely do that when we move to our complete replacement) but to just move the bits that modify the stackfiles (copy resources, set passwords etc). So we would have a command line app that took the path to the stackfiles on disk and all the settings, modified the stackfiles and saved them somewhere else. Then the IDE can continue on and can do the whole process without closing the stack at all.

Cheers

Monte