Standalone build workaround

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Sep 20 10:36:17 EDT 2018

When I build a standalone, I use a splash stack, which when run in a standalone opens the mainStack. I do not typically have the mainstack already open, because as has been mentioned multiple times, any stacks already open after a build, say when building for a separate platform (I still cannot build for multiple platforms in one pass like I used to) will pop up stack already open dialogs and ask me to ignore or purge (no uninitiated user wants to "purge" any of his stacks it's quite unnerving the first time you see it).

So I always QUIT LC, and relaunch to avoid any stack already open errors. What I think is happening is that the copys of the stacks in the standalone are being left open, so subsequent opening of the stacks produces this error. Otherwise, subsequent opening of the stacks are opening the standalone versions instead of the originals because LC gets confused about stack name references.

That's just me blind guessing though.

Bob S