Windows 10 and Me.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:43:02 EDT 2018

Not, sadly, a peon of praise for Microsoft's "latest and greatest".

Nor is it the start of a saucy porn novel.

So, a boy running LEGAL Windows 10 (this IS unusual in Bulgaria) tried
to install
LiveCode 8.1.10 on his machine.

He got bogged down, so I went round to his house and tried the following:

To install LC 8.1.9, 8.1.10 and 9.0.1 on his machine, in all 3 cases in
all 3 ways (For all, for me, fancy-pants-custom).

In ALL cases they installed.

In ALL cases they loaded with the splash screen, and then: NO revMenuBar
and NO revTools:
pressing CTRL-M did NOT bring up the Message Box.

[I ended up doing something "totally 'forked' ": installed VirtualBox
with MX Linux inside and then installed LiveCode for Linux 64 bit in the
virtual machine: kept the boy happy: but NOT me.

Spoke to his Mum about the problem, and she told me I was free, anytime
I wanted to pop back and bung caches and so forth onto a flash-drive so
I could post them to LiveCode central.

An odd sort of day, with darkening clouds on the horizon with a promise
of rain.

Richmon.