[OT] Working with Android devices

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:54:29 EDT 2018

I have recently got an Android tablet and am seeking advice on how best to work with it in general, not so much with Livecode yet. My main machine is a Mac. I would like to be able to easily swap files with the Android tablet via wifi and to remotely login to it from the Mac. I am hoping that I can do so over the local wifi rather than having to connect the Android tablet via USB.

I have a couple of Raspberry Pis on which I installed netatalk so that I can access their file systems in macOS Finder. It makes swapping data between the Mac and the Raspberry Pi a simple matter of drag and drop. Does anybody know if it is possible to install netatalk on an Android device?

I usually use SSH to run programs on the Raspberry Pi. I see that there is an app called SSHDroid. Has anybody used it or something similar?

When I want to access the Raspberry Pi desktop, I connect to the VNC server running on the Raspberry Pi. Is anybody connecting to their Android "tablet top” from a Mac? How do yo do it?

Sorry about going off topic.

Peter