Remote Debugger Anomalies

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Sep 13 16:12:25 EDT 2018

Well this is somewhat "urgent" due to a scenario I just witness.

It GIT -->  branch -- nightly # scripts updated.

committed

switch to branch "fixIosBrowser"

git merge nightly

# get the usual conflict of binary stacks..

 git checkout --theirs "view/view_SivaSivaBrowser.livecode"

#presumably up to do date.

reboot LC, edit script of stack "view/view_SivaSivaBrowser.livecode"

And it open a script in debug mode, with breakpoint that I was working
on yesterday, in branch
fixIosBrowser! and the script that is nightly are not same!

git status
Already up to date

but the scripts are different? Oh boy! now I can't depend on GIT and
*something* is caching scripts.

Look like I have to make of branch fixIosBrowser switch night, make a
copy and the do a level diff in bbedit between the two, Yikes!

Maybe is best to remove that ext Remote Debugging (doesnt work on iOS
anyway) and turn of script Debug with building a standalone... only safe
thing to do.