Datagrid dgData bug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 12 12:15:07 EDT 2018

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > Hmmm... oddly this does not happen in a basic test stack. I am
 > executing the commands in a behavior though, and that behavior
 > is inline with the datagrid behavior. If that is the culprit,
 > it's gonna be a beatch fixing it.

One of the things I learned from last month's discussion on chaining
behaviors with DataGrids is that a DG does not directly use the button
object assigned as its behavior; the actual script driving it is the
behavior of that assigned button.

IIRC the implications seem to be that if you do this:

  DataGrid -> CustomBehavior -> DGBehaviorButton -> DGBehaviorScript

...then references the actual DGBehaviorScript is making do not resolve
properly, and errors occur.

However, what works is assigning your behavior not to the DG directly,
but to the button it uses, setting your script's behavior to the
DGBehaviorScript:

  DataGrid  -> DGBehaviorButton -> CustomBehavior -> DGBehaviorScript

The downside to having to do this is that it prevents us from having
behaviors assigned to a specific subset of DataGrids.

At least that's as much as I recall.  And after skimming so many
messages it's likely I've missed something, so anyone with a more
complete understanding please chime in.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems