Livecode's CEF Builds

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Tue Sep 11 10:34:13 EDT 2018

Mark, thanks for your in depth exploration of this issue ...

Richard, the coded issue for me is to allow my users to view all youtube
videos as well as any other streaming site that uses h264 ...youtube uses a
different codec for their live stuff and a different one for the archived
stuff..... the archived stuff works for the most part.

Netflix doesn't work
Vimeo doesn't work

and I haven't tested other websites yet.

This issue is in regards to this project here.  Something I have been
working on for the past 50 days ....after realizing that 1. I needed a tool
like this and 2. it will help to have a smaller project in my portfolio.

https://www.makeshyft.com/timesavers-toolbox/

AND my desire to make the code open source....to allow others to use the
(Time Saver's) framework .... to build other apps and grow livecode
community.

So this issue is on behalf of my users who will inevitably want youtube to
work fully.  Sigh.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 3:08 AM Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <